- Features, Benefits & Safety Warnings
Features, Benefits & Safety Warnings
U.S. Patent No. 10,210,780
Additional Patents Pending
Have you ever participated in a motorcycle mission, ride or event where you thought…….I wish I had an effective way to fly my country’s flag or special events flag from my bike or trike to play a more important part in the mission or event?
- I want to show my patriotism and support.
- I want to ride safely.
- I want the accessory to look great on my motorcycle or trike.
- I want it to be easy to install & remove.
- I want to buy “American Made”.
Well, Now you can address those wants & needs!
The line of Patriot Mount units are unique Patent Pending motorcycle flag mounts that allow Harley-Davidson riders of FLH, FLT, Trikes, FLRT Freewheeler Trikes to fly larger 2 ½’ x 4’ or 3’ x 5’ flags from their bikes or trikes, with better performance and safety features than other available flag mounts.
Features & Safety Engineering….
- No drilling or changes to your motorcycle are required. Your New Patriot Mount fits directly to your bike or trike utilizing the existing frame bolt holes of rear passenger footpeg or footboards of your FLH, FLT, motorcycle or trike to include the FLRT Freewheeler.
- Calculated fall-away angles built into the Patriot Mount keep the hanging flag away from you and your cycle during stops and full flag-waving operation.
- Because the mount has been uniquely engineered to mount in front of the rear wheel with an increased centered point of gravity, the usual steering wobble caused by a larger waving flag creating drivability issues of the cycle are eliminated at customary speeds, allowing for a safer ride. Max. speed rating is 55 mph/89 km/h. “At higher speeds, inexpensive , sectional, swivel or telescoping poles can be damaged and dangerous to other riders or damage your bike.”
- Following riders have improved vision of your actions during braking and use of signals and emergency flashers, due to your flags position on the bike or trike. This allows for a safer ride.
- Your line of vision is improved of the following-riders and traffic due to the flag’s unique position on your bike or trike because you are able to see traffic directly to the rear of your bike or trike. This allows for a safer ride.
- Because each flagpole can be perfectly sized to fit the Patriot Mount, the process improves the effective stability of the standard 1” pole by 75% at the base.
- Easy on and off mounting features allow you to install or remove the mount at a moment’s notice when a passenger wants to ride. If you have O.E. footboards, they can be installed over the Patriot Mount. Installing other mounts can change the appearance and drivability of your cycle.
- Patriot Mounts are made of heavy steel and offered only with a quality high gloss black powder coat finish.
Important Safety Warnings
A (black & white) copy of the following will also be packaged with each mount.
Warning: On days that the wind is consistently high, gusting or unpredictable, Patriot Mounts LLC unequivocally advises NOT to fly our or any other large flag system from your bike or trike. These conditions would be dangerous to the rider. Patriot Mounts LLC cannot and will not assume any responsibility for damages of any kind, injury or death. The rider understands that they assume all responsibility when operating a motorized vehicle when Patriot Mount LLC products are in use.
Warning: Your new Patriot Mount is an added accessory and is NOT DESIGNED nor INTENDED to be a replacement for any Original Equipment Manufactured part. Your mount is NOT a passenger footrest or footpeg. If you ever engage or plan the transportation of a passenger, the OE footpeg should be reinstalled before riding or serious injury or death could occur. The Patriot Mount will allow you to install most OE passanger footboards on top of the mount so a passanger can be safely transported.
Warning: The maximum speed rating of your Patriot Mount is 55 mph/89 km/h. Depending on the flagpole, flag material and their construction your speed may be less *. Section 101-03 of the NFDA (National Funeral Directors Association) limits the speed of a procession to 55 mph when marked 55 mph or higher, and 5 mph below posted speeds of other streets and roads.
Warning: Because your Patriot Mount is rated at a higher maximum speed of 55 mpg/89 km/h, Patriot Mounts LLC recommends that you use a one piece flag pole instead of a two piece, telescoping or sectional type pole unless you’re sure the escort's speeds will be no more than parade speeds. See the section of our site that details how to “Making Proper Flagpoles for This Mount” which meet the higher speeds allowed by your Patriot Mount. You have to figure headwinds into the equation. In other words if your speed is 55 mph and you are riding into a 10 mph headwind, it equates to 65 mph. Rider assumes all responsibility in making this judgment call. Patriot Mounts LLC cannot and will not assume any responsibility for damages of any kind, injury or death. The rider understands that they assume all responsibility when operating a motorized vehicle when Patriot Mount LLC products are in use.
Warning: Because the flag materials are in fairly close proximity to the operator it is critical that the operator, ALWAYS makes sure that they have a clear view at all times before moving the vehicle in any direction. Winds change direction at times for many reasons depending on weather conditions, direction traveled or location of vehicle. Rider assumes all responsibility in making this judgment call. Patriot Mounts LLC cannot and will not assume any responsibility for damages of any kind, injury or death. The rider understands that they assume all responsibility when operating a motorized vehicle when Patriot Mount LLC products are in use.
* Warning: Inexpensive, Swivel (2 piece), Telescoping or Sectional poles are NOT recommended unless you will be using the Patriot Mount at parade speeds ONLY. When flying a larger flag 2 ½’ X 4’ or 3’ X 5’ flag, the forces on the flags and poles you chose are much greater and could damage your equipment, bike or create a dangerous situation for you or other riders, vehicles, or pedestrians. See the section of our site on “Making Proper Flagpoles for This Mount”. Builder assumes all responsibility in making this important piece of equipment. Patriot Mounts LLC cannot and will not assume any responsibility for damages of any kind, injury or death. The builder understands that they assume all responsibility when operating a motorized vehicle when Patriot Mount LLC products are in use.
This site contains information belonging to Patriot Mounts LLC, which information may be legally privileged, confidential, and/or otherwise protected from it’s use or partial use of its content to anyone without authorization from Patriot Mounts LLC. This is under the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. §§ 2510-2521. IF YOU ARE NOT AUTHORIZED OR AN AGENT FOR AN AUTHORIZED PARTY, YOU ARE HEREBY NOTIFIED THAT ANY USE OR PARTIAL USE OF THIS SITES CONTENT, OR TAKING OF THIS INFORMATION IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Unauthorized USE OF CONTENT is a violation of federal criminal law.